Enjoy the second half of our conversation with Dr. Nilofer Naqvi, this time covering the big topic of potty training, transitioning to a toddler bed and more! Really fascinating insights on potty training, which sure blew our newbie mom minds. Again, send us any questions that this episode may have triggered!
Stuff we talked about:
- Early Childhood Development Chart
- In reference to Vygotsky- this curriculum has been developed to address many of his theories on self regulation, control of executive functioning and adaptation of rules into play. http://toolsofthemind.org/learn/tools-for-parents/
The society for research in child development (SRCD) is the main research body on young child development. They send out research briefs that are very informative, cover a range of topics and are grounded in the most recent empirical research http://www.srcd.org/policy-med
- The national association for the education of young children also has a tremendous amount of resources, their website https://www.naeyc.org/
- And of course the American academy of pediatrics is the go-to for all the health related information for young children. https://www.aap.org/en-us/Page
- How to talk to kids about race
If anyone is interested in more specific resources related to international perspectives on child development, systems theories in relation to child development and the identification and services for children with special needs, they can email Dr. Naqvi directly at drnilofernaqvi (at) gmail.com for more information.
Give us 5 stars in iTunes if you like what you hear!
Tell us what your #igotthis and #idontgotthis moments are this week! Have a breastfeeding question you’d like us to discuss? Tweet us using #tittytalk or email us at heymamapodcast (at) gmail.com.
Music: Hanami by Fabian Measures