Laura recaps Tommy’s birthday, in which the struggle was real for Charlie. David goes on a nighttime adventure. Caitlin gives some family photo session tips, as Laura prepares for her family’s session with Caitlin (Caitlin K Photography if you’re in the tristate area!). Caitlin is here to remind you again: DO NOT BUY HALLOWEEN CANDY EARLY NEXT YEAR.
Give us 5 stars in Apple Podcasts if you like what you hear!
Check out Hey Mama Kitchen! Promo code: PODCAST
Stuff we talked about:
- Photo session tips:
- Wear mostly or all solids. If you want to put someone in a pattern, pick one person. Put everyone else in solids to match.
- Caitlin isn’t a fan of the entire family in matching outfits. Maybe two kids.
- Go for coordinating tones (everyone is shades of the same color or colors in the same family).
- Jackets are tough. Use them if they’re really cute and coordinating. Otherwise, ditch them.
- Wear layers
- Cute hats. Ideally no pattern.
- Two year olds are tough; bring whatever incentivizes them to do anything – toys, ipad
- Ikea High Chair ($20)
- Super Hero Plate
- Caitlin’s friend’s hamper / laundry basket – It’s no longer available, so here are two similar ones on Amazon: one, two
- Laura has this kind of hamper in Tommy’s room; very functional, not cute.
Tell us what your #igotthis and #idontgotthis moments are this week! Have a question or topic you’d like us to discuss? Tweet us @heymamapodcast or email us at heymamapodcast (at) gmail.com.
Music: Hanami by Fabian Measures